Learning is enabling the individual to utilize his/ her potential to its fullest. Without education, the development of the human mind is incomplete. G D Goenka World School epitomises International education at it’s best by creating a culture of International mindedness . It provides an environment conducive to nurturing global citizens of tomorrow , equipped with requisite 21st century skills . Nestled in serene and salubrious surroundings , it boasts of state-of-the-art infrastructure . It is an ideal choice for NRIs and Ex-pats as well as those who want their children to reconnect with their Indian roots along with enjoying the best of global education through transaction of international curricula accredited by IBO and Cambridge
A few things that set us apart from the others include:
- Virtual reality lab-A three dimensional (3D) computer generated environment that allows students to not only hear, see or read, but additionally will also have live interaction experience while studying.
- Classrooms equipped with latest technology and integration of technology through a wi-fi enabled campus in day-to-day teaching learning through use of visualizers , smartboards and other devices
- Globally benchmarked curricula- PYP, CLS, IGCSE and IBDP – transacted by trained staff – both Indian and ex-pat staff
- The GDGWS curriculum encourages students to become confident and independent thinkers who can apply their knowledge and skills to the rapidly-changing scenario in the 21st Century. In addition to more traditional aspects, teaching at all levels includes cross-curricular links, project work, group work, presentations and discussions.
- GDGWS student body comprises students from over 30 nationalities
- Most of the staff members at GDGWS are qualified IBDP and Cambridge IGCSE trained examiners.
- Superb sports fields allowing students training in various sports- Soccer , Basketball, Tennis , equestrians . A state- of –the art training and fitness centre that matches the best in any institution across the world
International Associations and social outreach programmes: GDGWS besides its strong links within India, is also associated with the The Association of International Schools in India (TAISI) ,IAYP, The British council Award . We are a registered SAT examination centre . The students have an Interact Club program associated with the Rotary International. Our students also regularly network with students from schools across the world, and learn with them through video conferencing, student exchange programmes ,with Wasatch Academy from USA ,Oban High School in Scotland and international educational educational tours etc.
Excellent University Placements
The gifted and bright students of GDGWS have been able to grab a spot in the leading universities all over the world .They have received offers from University of Pennsylvania , University of Cal, Berkeley , Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, USA, The University of Hong Kong ,RMIT University, Melbourne Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology ,Uni of Petroleum & Energy Studies ,University of Toronto, Canada Miranda House, University of Delhi, University of Queensland, Australia ,PennState University, USA ,Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, University of Massachusetts Amherst ,University of British Columbia and University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Each year our students attend internships at places like University of Oxford, Northwestern university of Qatar, G D Goenka University,Artemis Hospital, Fortis Hospital, YLAC and Agrasar Bachpan.
GDGWS BUDDING AUTHORS
Under CAS Creativity students of IBDP grade 12 have written books which are already in circulation. Aditya Mathur has written” Mercy of Gods and Men”. He also has written the script for –Moirai official movie “Shot a b-roll“.
Kartikeya Sundaram under the umbrella of; The Government of India’s Digital India Programme, helmed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, developed a simple yet comprehensive manual to introduce computers to the underprivileged children. This book is available on Amazon too. He independently designed the course and content in both Hindi and English. It comprises a step-by step introduction to learning the basics of computers.
Outstanding Cambridge Learner Award winners from GDGWS
- In 2016 June series KartikeyaThiyamSundaram topped the World in IGCSE Information and Communication Technology .
- In 2010 June series RajitKinra topped the world in IGCSE Mathematics.
- In 2013 June series Aditya Banerji topped all over India in IGCSE Economics.
- In 2012 June Series Yashwardhan Surekha topped all over India in IGCSE Economics
- In 2011 June series ArshiaWadhwa came Third Highest in India over 9 IGCSEs in Series June 2011
- In 2011 June Series 15 students got 100 percentiles in various subjects.
Excellent IBDP Results over the years
GDGWS has one of the largest co-hort of students in IBDP – Year 1 and 2. IBDP students have had excellent results over the period of 11 years
- Awarded as an Outstanding IB World School by ABP News.
- At Education World Indian School Rankings Award ceremony 2018-19 GDGWS has been awarded as No.2 in the category of International Day-cum-boarding Schools, Gurgaon and No.3 in International Day-cum-boarding Schools Delhi/NCR.
- GDGWS has been awarded at India Didactics Association Education Awards ceremony 2018 under Global Citizen Learning Award category.
- GDGWS has been recognized amongst Future 50 Schools Shaping Success
- GDGWS awarded as Top Schools of India at 6th School Leadership summit 2018 by Elets, Digital Learning.
- IIRIS School Safety Award at Times Education Icons 2018
- International School Award (2016-19) by British Council
- Ranked among the top 7 in the Times School Survey ,2017 under International Curriculum category by Times Education Icons 2018.
- Dr. Neeta Bali Director-Principal GDGWS felicitated by AKS Education awards (Alert Knowledge Services) at the event called ‘ 100 highly effective Principals of India’ for Jury’s Choice Award (2018).
- School of the Year Award (Editor’s Choice) at Global Education Awards 2018 presented by SCOONEWS
- GDGWS Awarded at North School Merit Award 2018 by Education World for School Leadership and Inspirational Values.