Soccer: Has undoubtedly been the most popular sport at GDGWS. Thanks to our young coach Mr. Amit Chand for enthusiastic approach towards coaching our boys. Also without his assistance the day would not have run as smoothly as it did especially morning conditioning for boarders.
– Extra-Mural: Played two friendly Inter-school matches.
(With GDGPS & Pathways World School).
However coming months we are looking forward to playing some tournaments and already started enrolling school participations. We hope to hear the enthusiastic war cry on the field celebrating their achievements.
– Intra-Mural: One of the sought after & Interesting feature of the calendar – Inter-House Soccer championship is every year regimen.
– Grouping Policy: In coming Months we are intending to introduce new grouping policy so that we can give fair chance to those students who are desire to be part of school soccer squad. This policy may be applicable in other sports as well. The policy reads as follows.
|PRIMARY SCHOOL||YEAR 3 4 5|
|MIDDLE SCHOOL||YEAR 6 7 8|
|INTERMEDIATE GROUP ( IGCSE||YEAR 9 & 10|
|SENIOR SCHOOL (IB)||YEAR 11 & 12|
Cricket: First year Cricket programme saw about 25 odd boys turning out for practice each day in the beginning. Our new recruits, The middle & primary school boys were fired with enthusiasm and thanks to Coach – Mr. Ajay Shekhawat for helping them in developing their skills. The boys were never deterred by the odd factors and went out each day determined to give their best. Also thanks to the boys who always acquitted themselves well and were a credit to the school.
– Intra-Mural:: Played Inter-house last year however this took a while due to time constraint especially to a conduct final play. We are bit careful this season! Also played 10 -12 In-house cricket matches – inter class/section & Open ‘A’ Vs Rest of the school. All the teams experienced its share of wins & losses but the members were always keen to get amongst the action.
– Extra-Mural: Played just one friendly Inter-school match with GDGPS. However In coming months we are looking forward to playing some tournaments and already started enrolling school participations. With increased level of enthusiasm shown by the students coming season will lead to even better results in the future.
Basketball: One of the popular seasonal sport at GDGWS which students enjoy only in winter and a large number of boarders participate in the evening activities hours – Thanks to Mr. Amit Singh for giving countless hours of training to make this game popular among them. Also Thanks to Mrs. Praveen Shekhawat , without her assistance the day would not have run as smoothly as it did especially our girls basketball team.
– Extra-Mural: Just played one friendly inter-school with GDGPS. We are aiming at many more inter-school fixtures since this game is very widely organized in Delhi’s School circuit. Training camps need to be streamlined for the potential school team.
– Intra-Mural:: One of the interesting feature of sports calendar.
Golf: GDGWS also has a sprawling 17 acre, 5 hole golf course. Students from Grades 5-12 can choose golf as their choice of Sport. The peaceful environment and vast area are both conducive to the learning of this sport.
Horse-Riding: It always heartening to see large number of students who were novice (Mostly Boarders) in the beginning now have full control over the horse – Galloping & Cantering. Many Thanks to Mr. R.D. Sharma for sparing countless hours of training to these students. In coming years we hope to hear the enthusiastic war cry on the race course celebrating their achievements.