At present, there are a number of educational boards, such as ICSE, IB, CBSE, etc. present in India. All these boards have different curriculums in place. However, as a parent, it is completely up to you to choose the one that’s best for your child, as the right curriculum will ensure proper growth and development for him/her. Although curriculum under all the boards of education are designed in such a way that it contributes to the overall growth of the children, IB or International Baccalaureate focuses more on holistic development of the learner.
In the past few years, IB has gained worldwide popularity, and with good reason. Being an Internationally-recognized educational system, IB targets a wider variety of subjects that ensure all-round development of the children. As a parent, it is essential for you to do a thorough research before selecting any board of education. When presented with the right tools and opportunity, a child can learn and get sufficient exposure to both theoretical and practical knowledge. Plus, IB accredited Schools and curriculum primarily focus on holistic development rather than just on the academic performance of the child.
The system under IB board is divided into three programmes:
- PYP: The Primary Years Programme is for the formative schooling years of children, starting from kindergarten to Class 5
- MYP: The Middle Years Programme for the students of class 6 to class 10
- DP: The Diploma Programme for the students of class 11 to Class 12
Advantages of studying in an IB accredited school
Here is a list of advantages that your child will get if you admit him/her in an IB school:
- Students get to learn a wider range of subjects in an IB curriculum. The top IB schools in Delhi, Gurgaon, and other regions have language and literature, arts, language acquisitions, society, science and mathematics. However, the subject group may vary from school to school. That said, there is one thing in common at every IB school i.e. encouraging both personal and academic achievement of the learner.
- Having international educational standards, an IB Diploma Programme curriculum is recognized by reputed universities around the world.
- The IB curriculum prepares students with the qualities required to excel in the real-world, such as self-confidence, analytical skills, and organizational skills. Individuals learning under IB curriculum are sure to have these qualities – being inquisitive, knowledgeable, thinker, communicator, and a principled individual. Additionally, the IB curriculum prepares students in a way that they become the global citizens of tomorrow.
If you intend to have your children grow and develop holistically, then making them study in an IB school will be a great decision. There is an exhaustive list of IB schools in Gurgaon, Delhi, etc. like, for instance, GD Goenka IB School, that follow the IB curriculum that you can refer to.
To let your child grow into an all-rounder, the IB system of education provides a great amount of exposure, and real-time education that can be practically implemented.